Anders als sonst in Menschenköpfen malt sich in diesem Kopf die Welt. Aber dennoch hat sich Bolle ganz köstlich amüsiert. Und auch einer nach Beute und Sieg lüstern schweifenden blonden Bestie wird bei ihrer Gottähnlichkeit gewiß einmal bange. Aber dennoch: ganz ohne Weiber geht die Chose nicht. Auch wenn die Welt liebt, das Strahlende zu schwärzen.
Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012
Almost there
I have finally watched Almost Famous. And as compelling as I found the story, as unsatisfactory was the ending to me. The movie is an unapologetically romantic, at times uncomfortably nostalgic take on a mythologized time lost and unrecoverable, while it plays at the same time into all the great themes that make a story timeless. Like most great stories this one is full of intriguing characters; unlike many stories, this one has two genuinely enjoyable ones and an armada full of douche-bags of various degrees. The band and its posse: douche-bags. William H. Miller: enjoyable. The Rolling Stone staff: douche-bags. Lester Bangs: enjoyable. The rest, as they say, is neglectable. I understand that the ending makes sense for the movie as is. And I do not necessarily call for realism (of any kind) in my fiction. But this was just too sweet an ending for a movie so bittersweet throughout. Lester Bangs said it so beautifully: "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." This movie is a little too cool for me.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen