Montag, 7. August 2017

Challenge

Almost 3 years, my oh my.

Now is as good a time as ever to maybe take up posting regularly again. Let me start with a challenge to myself: a 31-day challenge to incorporate physical workouts and healthy eating into my day-to-day life.

Yesterday, J. and I became members of a local women's gym and had our first workout (after the inital trial workout a month ago). It was a circuit-training-style cardio-muscle-workout on machines: 45 seconds of as many repetitions as possible, 30 seconds of rest, 45 seconds on the next machine, 30 seconds of rest, repetite ad finitum. It was 8 machines in total and three rounds of them. 

I feel fine today, which is surprising, given that I haven't done anything remotely sporty for the past two years. 

When we will have done this for about four to six weeks, we will do another check-up with the trainers and change over to the regular machines for targeted muscle excercises.  

My challenge to myself is this: 

-- Go to the gym at least four times a week: i.e. at least 18 times in total during the 31 days of this challenge. 
-- Eat healthy: no sweets, no salties, few calories, few carbs, many vegetables, healthy proteins.
-- Take care of yourself: moisture, sleep, read.  

Do these things for 31 days. Then eveluate these days, assess the results, draw conclusions. 

I'll try to update this here blog of mine regularly, just as a means of checking myself. Let's also see how that goes. 

Here I go.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen